Are you trying to get your book written with little time to do it? You may be tired of the start and stops most busy professionals, home business owners or care takers have to deal with. Read my little pep talk below; then use the tips I’ve gathered to help you write a book in the midst of a busy life.
Take it from a fellow weekend warrior book writer, you can do it! You do the hard stuff all day long. I’m convinced you can get focused, fit it in and finish your book this year. Your audience is waiting to read your insightful book. Put these tips in to practice to finish your book fast with the time you have:
1. Put writing a book in your top 3 priorities. I know I’m like a broken record with this one; but it’s still true. Setup a regular writing schedule. Do what it takes to fit in your book writing; get up earlier or write at night. Think about your priorities right now. Can you fit 15-20 hours a week in? If you have to let something go that is not high on your priority list, do it. Now is your time. Later is not better.
2. Write a book with laser focus. Apply laser focus to complete your book writing project faster. For example, if you look at a 40 watt bulb, the light is soft. Yet you can take the same 40 watts; put it in a laser gun and the same 40 watts become a focused beam of light that can cut through different objects like a sharp knife through paper. To use laser focus in your book project, prioritize, do only one project at a time and complete one project before you start another.
3. Write an intention goal for your book. Do you have a plan in place? Write on purpose. Don’t set yourself up for failure by not planning. Even if it’s a simple intention goal like “I complete my book (title of book) this year by (date and year.) I educate myself and do what it takes to complete it.” Set one and write it down so you can hit the target.
4. Break your book writing into short sections. It’s easier on you to write. Furthermore, it’s easier on your reader to read. Try to break long paragraphs into shorter, more digestible chunks. Make it easy to read and you’ll reach more readers.
5. Write short sentences and simple words. Writing and reading a long sentence takes longer than a short one. Cut lengthy sentences in half to make your writing easier to read. Aim your copy so a 7th -8th grader could understand it. Remember using complex words won’t impress your readers. Most times it will annoy them to the point of not finishing your book.
If you don’t use these week end warrior book writing tips to finish fast, you may be this time next year wondering if you could have fit a book in. Remember to put your book writing in the top 3 priorities of your life, use laser focus, write an intention goal, break your writing into short sections, use short sentences and simple words, cut wordiness but be specific, learn to create an ebook and use the information you have. Using the above simple book writing tips you can easily write and complete your book fast, even on the weekends. See you at the finish line. Finish fast; finish strong and sell sooner.
Ready to hear more about writing and publishing your book on the weekend or two short days of choice? Consider getting the Weekend To A Book (On-Demand) webinar. Find the details at http://weekendtoabook.com
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR EZINE OR WEBSITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it:
Writing expert, Earma Brown has a knack and passion for seeing the unique gift that exist in every person’s knowledge, experience, expertise, and the creativity to convert it into gold! If you’re looking for simple, quick and easy ways to put your message and mission into a book, get the FREE mini-course Jumpstart Your Book now at http://writetowin.org