Are you ready to finish your book? It doesn’t matter if you are almost finished after two years or just beginning, these book writing tips will help you finish in the next 100 days or less. You owe it to yourself and your important message to finish fast and go to market sooner.
For years, my book manuscript would end up in the drawer with the rest of my unfinished projects. No more; now I finish my book writing projects in 100 days or less. I learned from my mentors who showed me the way. I even learned from my competitors who finished their books fast to sell sooner.
Here’s some book writing tips to help you speed write your book for maximum sales sooner:
1. Place book writing goals in your top three priorities. Setup a regular writing schedule. Think about your priorities right now. Can you fit 7-10 hours a week in? If you have to let something go that is not high on your priority list, do it. Now is your time. Later is not better.
2. Put your reader first. When writing your book, you should be writing to your reader. Use the word “you” and avoid as much as possible using the words “I” and “We”. An author friend chooses a friend interested in her topic and writes all her books to them.
3. Write an intention goal for your book. Do you have a plan in place? Write on purpose. Don’t set yourself up for failure by not planning. Even if it’s a simple intention goal like “I complete my book (title of book) this year by (date and year.) I educate myself and do what it takes to complete it.” Set one and write it down so you can hit the target.
4. Break your writing into short sections. It’s easier on you to write. Furthermore, it’s easier on your reader to read. Try to break long paragraphs into shorter, more digestible chunks. Make it easy to read and you’ll reach more readers.
5. Use short sentences and simple words. Writing and reading a long sentence takes longer than a short one. Cut lengthy sentences in half to make your writing easier to read. Aim your copy so a 6-7th grader could understand it. Remember using complex words won’t impress your readers. Most times it will annoy them to the point of not finishing your book.
If you don’t use these book writing tips to finish fast, you may be this time next year working on the same book project. Remember to put your book writing in the top three priorities of your life, write an intention goal, put your reader first, break your writing into short sections, use short sentences and simple words, be concise but specific, learn to write the easy way and use laser focus. Using the above simple book writing tips you can easily write and complete your book fast. See you at the finish line. Finish fast; finish strong and sell sooner.
Get all twelve tips in the Power of the 100 Day Goal Tutorial at Earma’s newest course the Signature Book Camp that covers all three processes Book Writing, Publishing and Promotion.
Earma Brown, America’s Book Success Coach, 12 book Authorpreneur and Indie Publisher
Inform. Inspire. Innovate.