For once it’s all about you! Well, for a little while it is. Then it’s back to your readers taking first place. For now, let’s talk about what makes you and your upcoming book so special.
Remember, even if you’re covering the same subject in your book as your competitor; find your unique presentation point. Why do you think new wealth building books released every year continue to sell well? It’s because every guru (even self-proclaimed ones) presents their unique plan, their unique steps and successful customers that swear by it.
So, now is the time. For once it really is all about YOU. Most of us are way too modest. It’s about time you did something for you and just because you want to do it. On that note, here are some You-nique reasons to make your book stand out in the crowd.
- You brand yourself and your book. In essence, you become your brand. Create a catchy phrase and title for your book or series of books. For example, I started out with the Write to Win series of books years ago. Then as the idea grew, I developed my products and eventually the iWIN Network which houses all my books, products, programs and web communities at http://writersinformationnetwork.com website.
- You develop a unique presentation point. Identify a problem or solution and research your competition. Then come up with a different approach. With all the expert authors in the world who specialize in your topic, it’s not enough to know the solution. You must present the solution in a different way than existing books do.
- You choose a niche. Pinpoint a smaller market within a larger market in your book’s topic area. For example, I targeted the broad general market of writers. Then I chose several smaller groups among writers to pitch my free information and eventually my books, products and services. My number one smaller market is aspiring authors. Then to go even smaller, I pin pointed aspiring authors who are aspiring entrepreneurs or existing business owners.
- You create a way to stand out. Develop a way of making your book different. You need a different viewpoint or a different spin on perhaps the same information. Examine the problem again. Look at the solution your book solves with the goal of coming up with a way to present your knowledge differently than existing books. Attack a big problem by emphasizing a particular tool or technique that you have experience with. For example, one of my students made her book stand out with her program: Train Your Brain, Transform Your Life Conquer ADHD in 60 Days without Ritalin.
- You develop a signature program. Perhaps you are so passionate and filled with information that it can’t all be contained in a book. Congratulations, you are a great candidate to develop your material into a signature program. Create a system or step by step plan to help your readers get the results they desire. Make it your signature success plan. Decide what you want your readers to walk away with and design an experience to get them there. It all starts with YOUR book.
- You think outside the box. Be creative; don’t just go with the norm. If you can’t find the book you’d like to read on your subject, perhaps you are the one to write it. In my life, creativity flowed best from discontent with the norm, the status quo and all the “you-can’ts.” You can’t because you’re a woman. You can’t because you’re African American. You can’t because you’re poor…If you can’t find a publisher for your manuscript; then become the publisher.
- You organize your book around the solution. Set the goal for your book and its readers. Organize your existing information around benefits of achieving the goal: Remember, the Free Again, Healthy Again series of books. Or even the Dummy series of books. The books are centered on offering easy but specialized solutions to the common reader. The affinity is most of us have felt like a dummy at some time or another learning something that comes easy for someone else.
Don’t wait any longer. Make a commitment to write YOUR book this year; your audience is waiting to get to know you. Make it different, make it count and make it YOURS. I’m looking forward to seeing your name in print!
Earma Brown is an expert in book writing and publishing advice. She focuses on innovative and unique techniques to helping others get their book written in record time. She has been successful in using these techniques to write her own twelve books and bring them to market faster. You can sign-up today at http://bookwritingcourse.com and use her proven road map.
Are you not quite ready to sign up for 12 week course? Download Earma’s Write to Win eBundle with 10+ ebooks to help you get your manuscript out of your head and onto the market!