All aspiring authors, published authors, writers and writerpreneurs should have a blog. Let me explain why and then offer seven tips to jumpstart your new blog. All of us are building our platforms at some level, at least we should be. Your blog is a great place to send your potential readers, publishers, customers and fans. Your blog is or should be a representation of you and your work. Here are seven simple tips to get started with your blog.
1. Put your best pen forward. Decide who you will write to and for. If you are an aspiring or published author, your book’s topic and audience would be great. If you are a writer, then choose a niche in your preferred writing topic.
2. Prepare some blog content. Write at least 5-10 post first for your chosen topic and audience. Your word count can be from 400-800 words to get started. Use a conversational tone. Write your blog post in a semi-casual tone, as if to your best friend.
3. Write your content (articles or blog posts) in groups about one topic. This directs your energy and helps you write faster and publish sooner! If you have long articles or book length material about your topic, pull out excerpts to use as post. Your readers will love your short and easy to digest post. They will often reward you by coming back for more.
4. Write solutions in your blog for your readers and potential customers. Create categories for your list of topics or questions in your area. Your preferred audience wants answers. Answer each question with the detail; before you know it, you have a post! People don’t want lists for the sake of a list. They want specific examples, stories and case studies that show them value.
5. Repurpose your information and research to suit your new blog. Perhaps, you have excess material from writing your book or creating your product. Consider using a shortened version of this information on your blog. Or use the same information and re-slant it to a different audience. For example, I write for aspiring authors. It’s easy enough for me to re-purpose same article or blog post to my indie publishing audience.
6. Start on the fast track with your blog. My advice is to start with a personalized website instead of the free route. Develop a website. If you are limited with time, you can hire a webmaster. But you can just as easily if your time permits, do it yourself.
7. Use do it yourself options for your blog. Choose and buy a wholesale domain name and web hosting. Use your name or writing topic. Make sure it is as short as possible and reflects your topic. There are many blog software platforms to choose from. I use and recommend WordPress. Buy the best premimum theme you can afford. I use several sources but one affordable choice is
Don’t wait another minute to get started! I vote you are one step closer to your success with your new blog. Remember to put your best pen forward, prepare some content, group your topics, write solutions, repurpose your information, start on the fast track and use do it yourself options. Implement the simple steps above to start building your platform and jumpstart your blog to success.
Ready to start building your platform with a blog ? Sign-up for the
100 Days To A Book, 12 Week Course. You will receive lessons, exercises
bonus reports and coaching all designed to take you step by step to
the finish line of a successful book. http://bookwritingcourse.com
Not ready for a 12 week course, sign-up for the Jumpstart Your Book
7 Day Challenge.