Are you planning to eBook your information soon? You know, when you become a Kindle author it will help you far more than the 70% royalty revenue you can earn. Becoming a published author has always carried with it perks that some are locked out of. But now with Kindle Direct Publishing, you too can take part in what most authors have always known publishing can do for them. I share with you five B.I.G. (Books Inspire Greatness) reasons to publish on Kindle:
- Build a Stronger Community and Platform – Being a published author can help you build your community larger than before and turn the community you have into raving fans. By cross promoting your online real estate, like your blog to your book readers, you will introduce them to your work in a new way. By telling your blog visitors about your eBooks, you’ll get new respect. And if you have plans for a print book, your Kindle ebook can prepare a platform for your print book’s success.
- Establish Deeper Relationships – A book can be a more cohesive way to tell your story, to get the word out about something you’re passionate about that is more than a sound bite. A Kindle book can be as long as it needs to be to explain to your reader about who you are, what you do, why you do it and what’s in it for them. The short reads category has become popular. You can start with a short ebook to test the market. Or consider developing one of your speeches or workshops into an ebook to grow relationships in your industry.
- Become an Authority in Your Niche – Having enough material for a Kindle Book or a series of Kindle books makes you into an instant authority figure within your niche. Creating a well put together, well researched and designed Kindle book will raise your authority status faster than most other means.
- Get Recognition and Awards – Some people don’t realize that if you publish a Kindle book and make great sales, and enter some contests you can also win publishing awards just like people do with the big publishers. This type of recognition can get you more response than you might think. Many of my student authors have gotten extra credibility and media attention with this strategy. For instance, 2x award winning Author and Journalist Nicky Vanvalkenburgh got a boost in credibility and extra radio interviews because of her awards. Yea, Nicky!
- Expand outside Your Current Circle – Due to the way Amazon promotes books, you can find some of your audience via Kindle who would have never heard of you otherwise. It’s yet another way to promote your business, products and services that should not be passed up. Just like you wouldn’t pass up being on any social media that exists where your audience goes, you should not pass up being on Kindle where your audience is looking for eBooks and information about your niche.
You’ll be able to reach more people than you ever thought possible via your Kindle Book(s). If you use the Kindle Select program your book can be loaned and you’ll still earn money, so that makes it even more likely that you’re going to be discovered. Many speakers, coaches and service providers use their books to prove expertise that they otherwise would not have been able to establish with traditional publishing only.
Are you joining us in the Ebook It Challenge this month? I’m releasing a quality ebook (short read or full length) each week during the challenge. You can do it too, you know. But if that publishing schedule is too aggressive, how about your first ebook within 30 days. Either way, I’ve made room to support you in your ebook journey with information and insight on how to do it faster than ever. Also, there’s a few hours left on the Ebookitology special offer of 80% off the membership. I hope to see you inside. Click here to join now: http://ebookitology.com